WORCESTER CONSTITUENCY LABOUR PARTY
Constitution of the 100 Club
1. The name of the Club is 'The Worcester Constituency Labour Party 100 Club'
2. The object of the Club is to raise money for the Worcester Constituency Labour Party.
3. A secretary, who shall be a current subscribing member of the Club, shall be appointed to carry out the administration of the Club. S/he will be elected annually at the annual general meeting of the Club.
4. Membership is open to any person over 18 years of age who undertakes to make a minimum subscription of one pound per month to the Worcester Constituency Labour Party. For each pound per month subscribed, a member will be allocated a draw number. Membership will automatically cease if no fees are paid for three consecutive months. Application to rejoin can be made on payment of the subscription.
5. It is the responsibility of the members to keep the Secretary informed of any change of address. Should contact with a fully paid up member be lost, the Secretary will try their best to locate that member. Should that member win a prize and remain uncontactable for twelve months, the prize shall be deemed to be forfeit and shall be returned to the general club funds for redistribution in a manner to be decided by the Secretary and reported to the next agm.
6. The monthly draw will normally take place at the start of the Worcester Constituency Labour Party general committee meeting, with the annual draw taking place in December.
7. 50% of the income will be allocated in prizes, with half this sum going to annual prizes and half to the twelve monthly prizes in a year. The balance will go to the Worcester Constituency Labour Party. The Worcester Constituency Labour Party will bear the running costs of the Club from its share of the profits. All cheques will be signed by two or three nominated members.
8. Members will be eligible for participation provided their subscriptions have been fully paid by the end of the previous month, and for the annual draw provided their subscriptions have been paid for a period of not less than six months prior to the draw. A Member winning the annual prize will receive the full prize if s/he has maintained payments for the previous twelve months, or a part of the prize proportionate to the number of months s/he has paid. Any surplus money will form a further prize to be calculated in the same manner.
9. The names and number of the winners will be circulated to all members annually.
10. The annual general meeting of the Club will take place in association with the annual general meeting of the Worcester Constituency Labour Party. Members will receive notice of the annual general meeting. The financial year of the Club will run from January to December. The accounts of the Club will be audited annually by an auditor (who shall be a current subscribing member of the Club) appointed by the Worcester Constituency Labour Party. The accounts will be presented at the annual general meeting of the Club.
11. Amendments to the Constitution can only be made after notifying members of the proposed amendments at least a month before the amendments will be discussed. The meeting will either be the annual general meeting or in association with the monthly draw. Those entitled to vote must be present at the meeting and be current subscribing members of the Club. Amendments will be said to be carried when the voting majority is two-thirds, provided there is a quorum of at least ten members.
12. If it should be recommended that the Club be wound up, three months' notice will be given to all members, and the remaining funds distributed to the Constituency Labour Party on a 50-50 basis, the allocation to members being by means of a draw