An important item on the agenda will be the debate about delegates to Party Conference in September. This debate was planned for our May general meeting, with a view to selecting delegates at our June meeting. Because of the snap election we have lost 2 months of meeting time but the deadline for nominating delegates has only been extended by 4 weeks, to Fri 7th July.
The number of members in the CLP (counted in December 2016) means that we may send up to 4 delegates:
- 2 general delegates, one of which should be a woman
- A Women’s delegate who will also attend the Women’s conference on the day before the full party conference
- A youth delegate (18 – 27 year olds)
The debate will address how Worcester CLP will go about sending all 4 delegates –
- what funding, if any, can be provided.
- what mandate, if any, the CLP wishes to give delegates.
Decisions will be made by show of hands of those present at the meeting, as set out in Standing Orders and Party rules.
Since this is likely to take up a fair bit of the meeting, and the outcome may influence whether people feel able to put themselves forward, we plan to hold an additional Selection Meeting on the following Monday 26th June. This will give time to make a nomination and to share information about the candidates with all CLP members.
The selection will be by secret ballot of CLP members present at the meeting, as set out in Standing Orders and Party rules.
Worcester WR1 2EY
Google map and directions